Sign in or
St. Margaret's Hospital
The orignal St. Margaret's Hospital on Second Avenue East was opened in December of 1923 by the Grey Nuns. A twenty-five by sixty-two Knights of Columbus recreation hall was converted into the 20-25 bed hospital.
This was replaced by a new four story building at a new location between Seventh Avenue and Eighth Avenue West at Queen Street in 1943. In 1944, the old church was moved behind the hospital building and renovated to accomodate senior citizens.
Boake, Norman; Dyck, John; Gidluck, Cheryl; Biggar Museum & Gallery (1980). "Biggar, Saskatchewan, Canada: a pictorial history" (digitised online by Our Roots Nos Racines). Encyclopedia of Canada. p. 36. http://www.ourroots.ca/page.aspx?id=581522&qryID=6b15a2e2-a462-407f-bbad-9c12732e0d6a. Retrieved 2009-12-02.
Latest page update: made by rwchambe
, Oct 17 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by rwchambe
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.