Sign in or
St. Margaret's Home
Courtesy Mavis Shulz - The Leo Campbell Collection
St. Margaret's Home on the north side of St. Margaret's Hospital
In June 1944, the old church was moved to the north side of St. Margaret's Hospital and renovated to become a senior citizens home. The renos cost some $15,113.70 and the Home was equipped at a cost of $1,700.00. The new facility contained an isolation ward with 4 beds, the Home was made up of four double bedrooms and three single bedrooms on the first floor, intended for men. The second flour had seven single bedrooms and four double rooms for ladies. Each floor had its own kitchenette, living room, linen and sewing rooms.
Source: The Story of St. Margaret's Hospital.
Latest page update: made by rwchambe
, Sep 5 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by rwchambe
120 words added
1 image added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.