Sign in or
Photograph courtesy Biggar Museum & Gallery *
In April 1908, Mr. Edward H. Erickson came to Biggar and decided this was a good place to start a business.  He purchased lots and built a building at 207 Main Street. He installed a good stock and commenced business in the middle of May 1909.  Mr. Erickson operated Erickson Hardware Co. store in this location until he retired in November 1936.  He sold the building to Mr. Allan Affleck in 1940 who remodelled it into two business suites. 
1. "Biographical Sketches of Biggar Professional and Business People" The Biggar World, Biggar, Sask., August 19, 1909, page 3.
2. The Independent, Biggar, Sask., November 12, 1936, page 1.
3. The Independent, Biggar, Sask., October 10, 1940, page. 1.
| || |
"Main street, Biggar, Saskatchewan. Buildings L-R: James Brothers Grocery, Langford Drugstore, City Meat Market, Canadian Bank of Commerce, Frampton's Bakery, Park Drug Store, Erikson Hardware, W.W. Miller Grocery and Dry Goods.". Image No: NA-2870-11. Glenbow Museum Where the World Meets the West - Archives Photographs. ca 1917-1918. http://ww2.glenbow.org/search/archivesPhotosResults.aspx?AC=GET_RECORD&XC=/search/archivesPhotosResults.aspx&BU=&TN=IMAGEBAN&SN=AUTO11468&SE=1532&RN=36&MR=10&TR=0&TX=1000&ES=0&CS=0&XP=&RF=WebResults&EF=&DF=WebResultsDetails&RL=0&EL=0&DL=0&NP=255&ID=&MF=WPEngMsg.ini&MQ=&TI=0&DT=&ST=0&IR=37217&NR=0&NB=4&SV=0&BG=&FG=&QS=ArchivesPhotosSearch&OEX=ISO-8859-1&OEH=ISO-8859-1. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
Latest page update: made by rwchambe
, Mar 26 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
added bill of sale
2 images added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.