Sign in or
Biggar Square Deal Refreshment Store
H.H. Miller came to this area in 1908 and took out a homestead. In February 1909, prior to the incorporation of the Village of Biggar there was enough people and activity taking place that he opened the Biggar Square Deal Refreshment Store. The store was a lot like our convenience stores of today carrying tobacco products, confectionery, ice cream and soft drinks, along with stationary, postcards, magazines and newspapers.
Source: Biggar World, Biggar, Saskatchewan, August 19, 1909, pages 3 & 4.
Photography courtesy Biggar Museum & Gallery
Building net to Bowling Alley and Pool Room is the Biggar Square Deal Refreshment Store it is where the Snow White Cafe is today.
Photograph courtesy Biggar Museum & Gallery
On far left is the former Biggar Square Deal Refreshment Store then known as Miller Bors. Confectioners
after the fire which destroyed Collette & Phillippe Billiard Parlors in 1917.
At this time Miller moved his business to the 200 Block of Main Street.
Latest page update: made by rwchambe
, Oct 31 2010, 5:33 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
1 word added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.