Sign in or
Beeson's Barber Shop
Photograph taken November 2011
Beeson's Barber Shop - 208 Main Street
Ed Beeson moved to Biggar and worked with Nick Kucheran in his barber shop for 9 years. That shop was located in the building that presently houses Bielby Agencies.
During those years, Ed met and fell in love with Evonne Wright, and they were married in 1959. They have lived, raised their two sons, and operated businesses in Biggar ever since.
In 1967, they bought the building they are still in, from Alf Adolph. Ed began then to operate Beeson's Barber Shop on the north side of the building.
In 1968, they bought Biggar Flower and Gift Shop on the south side of the building, and the whole family moved from the house that had been their home, to live on the top floor of the building.
At that time, there was a beauty shop at the back, owned and operated by Betty Mundt, under the name of Betty-El Beauty Salon. Next came Delores Keogan with Delores' Salon, and she was then there in that location for 36 years. Next owner/operator is Jeanne Marie deMoissac.
Ed and Evonne have been, and continue to be, very active and important members of not only the business community, but the community in general. Whether it be through their church involvement, or just being all-round good neighbours in the town, they are a fixture there, and the town would not be the same without them!
Latest page update: made by rwchambe
, Nov 28 2010, 4:35 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by rwchambe
11 words added
1 image added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.